Waking up, no matter how late, can be such a drag. You’re snug under your blankets and moving slowly. But your stomach is growling, which means you are going to have to face the day.
When you do stumble out of bed, it’s nice to start your day with a delicious casserole on your plate – a warm, freshly baked Overnight Apple Cinnamon Fresh Toast Casserole.
Prepared the day before and chilled overnight, this casserole is ready to throw in the oven once you’re up. It’s gooey on the inside and baked to a perfect crisp on the outside, plus it’s filled with mouthwatering apples and ground cinnamon, not to mention a sweet glaze drizzled on top.
It’s perfect for any breakfast or brunch occasion and the little ones will enjoy the sweet crunch, as well. ❚
Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 Package (20 oz) French Bread Cubed, Divided
- 1 Can (20 oz) Apple Pie Filling
- 9 Eggs
- 1 Cup Half-and-Half
- 2 Tsp Ground-Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar Plus Additional (Optional)
- 2 Tb Milk Plus Additional (Optional)
- Spray 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In baking dish, add 10 ounces cubed French bread in bottom of dish. Pour apple filling over bread. Top with remaining cubed French bread. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half and cinnamon. Pour evenly over bread.
- Cover with aluminum foil and chill overnight.
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Remove foil and bake 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk powdered sugar and milk. Add additional, if needed, until pourable glaze is reached. Drizzle over casserole before serving.