Fruits, like raspberries, are unique in their ability to add both flavor and nutrition to breakfasts, snacks, desserts and more.
With a sweet-tart flavor and eye-catching color, red raspberries are the main ingredient in these Mini Razz Crush Tarts, perfect for breakfast on-the-go or as an afternoon snack.
More recipes at redrazz.org.
Mini Razz Crush Tarts
- 1 Bag 12oz. Frozen Red Raspberries
- 1 1/2 TB Cornstarch
- 1 Package Refrigerated Pie Crust Two 9-Inch Crusts
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 TB Reserved Raspberry Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- Sprinkles Optional
- Thaw raspberries at room temperature 30 minutes. Using rolling pin, gently mash raspberries in sealed bag.
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place strainer over medium bowl; strain crushed raspberries 10-15 minutes, allowing juice to fall into bowl. Reserve juice for glaze.
- In medium bowl, combine drained crushed raspberries and cornstarch; mix to combine.
- Roll out both pie crusts into rectangular shapes and cut each into eight 2 1/2-by-4-inch rectangular pieces.
- Place rectangular pieces on prepared baking sheet. Add 1-2 TB crushed raspberries to center of each piece and top each with second rectangular piece.
- Use fork to crimp edges of dough.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Remove pastries from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In medium bowl, whisk powdered sugar, reserved raspberry juice and vanilla.
- Drizzle on cooled pastries and garnish with sprinkles.