Almost nothing says comfort food quite like a freshly baked casserole. This Rotisserie Chicken-Biscuit Casserole comes together in a snap, with just a handful of ingredients. The bake time is less than 15 minutes but the result is highly satisfying.
Feel free to experiment with your favorite seasonings and combination of vegetables. Consider adding lightly sauteed mushrooms, onion and/or garlic.
Find more comfort food recipes at Culinary.net.
Rotisserie Chicken-Biscuit Casserole
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- 8 refrigerated biscuits
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup 10 3/4 oz.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Heat oven to 450 F.
- Remove the meat from a cooled rotisserie chicken and shred into pieces; set aside.
- Discard the bones.
- Cut the refrigerated biscuits into quarters; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the soup, milk, sour cream, chicken, vegetables, basil and pepper. Cook until boiling. Season to your liking.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into a baking dish and arrange biscuits over the filling.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.